Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Chowking Chow Pao


I found myself an affordable yet delicious hunger buster in Chowking's Chow Pao!

For a guy my size (which happens to be on the larger side), two of these babies can already satisfy your hunger and @ Php 25 each---that's not a bad deal!

I'm a sioapo aficionado so this new offering from Chowking struck me as a MUST TRY delicacy.  If you're a regular patron of Chowking you'll remember that they used to offer mantau or Chinese steamed bread---which was a perfect combination with their noodles by the way---which is the same bread used in siopao.  Chow Pao is mantau plus meat or a version of a Chinese Sandwich if there is such a thing.

There are actually 5 variants of Chow Pao available but the other 3 is priced at Php 49  and the other one @ Php 35 given the additional garnishing of veggies and sauce.  But I like the Chinese Sausage, not only because it's cheap but also in terms of taste.

A word of caution though.  If you're ordering via delivery, you might want to be more specific when ordering Chow Pao and make sure that the order taker knows that you're ordering for the "sandwich" and not the rice based Chaofan.  Over the phone they actually sound the same.

Try one now!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your article on Chow Pao. It's true, it's not a shameless plug about their food. Really nice, thank you po.

Kathy