I was feasting on left over tilapia last night when I accidentally swallowed a fish bone which to my reckoning is lodged somewhere in my esophagus (at least that's how it felt like). It has been a long while since I had myself in this situation and recalling my last bout with an inadvertent fish bone, I remember my mother telling me to swallow a bite of banana. Unfortunately, there was no banana on hand (except for a banana figurine which I decided not to go with unless I want to further aggravate my current situation). So I just went with what was available. First, I swallowed a chunck of rice---GULP! But the pesky bone was still there! I swallowed another chunk---nope, still there! My, my, this bone sure is tenacious! After a couple more rice chunks I'm already full (Boy, there goes my no carb diet!) but still the bone remained.
It's not really painful but it's really irritating like an itch you couldn't reach! Every once in a while you'll feel a prick and you hesitate to swallow with the fear of further imbedding it. Well, I'm still struggling to dislodge it as of this writing and so far even swallowing a whole pandesal couldn't budge it! Sigh!