Thursday, June 14, 2012

Movie Review: Snow White and the Huntsman


Unlike the Disney version of this fairy tale, don't expect any singing here nor jolly seven dwarfs prancing about.  This version depicts Snow White as a fighter, the Prince's kiss does not do any magic, Seven Dwarfs---are still small---but uglier, and the Huntsman steals the Princess.

Always loved Charlize Theron and still hung over by Kristen Stewart's beauty.

Did I like the movie?  A bit.

Do I recommend it?  Let me put it this way---I should have just waited for it to be shown as an offering of SM Cinema Fiesta.

1 comment:

Dan O. said...

Good review. I liked this one for its dark, gloomy style and the performance from Theron as Queen Ravenna, but everything else sort of just felt lackluster, like the story. Could have been so much more epic but it just didn’t feature anything exciting about it at all.