Tuesday, September 25, 2012

DZFE FM: The Master's Touch


I have come to appreciate classical music during my college days.  I guess being an Art Studies Major you just can't NOT like Mozart, Beethoven, Brahms, Chopin and the other classical musicians. The internet was just in its infancy and there were no downloadable MP3s that time so I tune in to 98.7 DZFE on the FM dial to get my classical trip.  

Listening to classical music relaxes me.  Once I close my eyes it instantly brings my me to places where my soul is in equilibrium.  Of course, that depends on what you're listening to.  Well, it has been a while since I have listened to this station.  With the dawn of mobile phones with radio I thought I can continue this habit on the go where ever I am; unfortunately, the phones that I owned could not get the station's signal.  It was that or the predominance of the pop music culture killed their broadcast.  It really saddened me to think that was the case and wondered if their last airing would get the same fanfare as the final broadcast of NU 107.  I don't think so.  Classical music followers are not that many.  

I have since compiled a huge collection of classical music that I just need to browse through them and select what mood I need to turn on to but every once in a while I'd dial in 98.7 on the radio and it pains me to hear static.  On my way home yesterday, I decided to bring my headphone and plug it in to my Nokia 101 to listen to the zany discussions of DJs Tony Toni, Sam YG, and Slick Ric of the Boy's Night Out.  However, The Boys were not able to take away the after effects of a stressful work day and so I decided to listen to RJ Radio for some oldies beat.  As I scanned through the dial I passed through one that I thought played classical and ---low and behold---it was The Master's Touch on 98.75!  Man!  It was such a welcome discovery that I was tuned in to it from Cubao all the way to SM Fairview (where I did my grocery) until I came home.  This morning, as I went to work, I was again tuned in.  Kung kelan naman chipipay lang ang gamit kong cellphone e dun pala ako makakasagap ng signal nila!

Anyway, other than the classical music playlist this station also have other value added segments that I appreciate like their Talk segment where different hosts gives the listeners a "deeper understanding of the biblical precepts and perceptions" among which I particularly like Guidelines by Dr. Harold Sala.   It is surely nice to hear his calming voice and his insights on Christian living.

No comments: