Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day


I just finished watching the HBO mini-series The Pacific and realized that today happens to be the celebration of Memorial Day in the United States.

America have had its share of wars and Memorial Day is the time of remembering those who have sacrificed their lives for liberty and the American way.  I am no soldier and I have not experience being in a time of war but I have read a lot about wars to say that it is no walk in the park.  Those who have fought in them and survived are scarred physically, mentally, and spiritually.  I do believe that those who died fighting are more fortunate than those who lived because they bring with them all the traumatic experience through their remaining lives.

I pray that the world leaders embrace peace more than war and should their be conflicts between nations let the words of the philosopher Sun Tzu prevail:
"The supreme general is he who defeats his enemy without fighting."

No comments: