Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The X-Factor Judging Flaw


First and foremost, I would just like to say that I'm not a fan of The X-Factor or any Philippine talent show for that matter.  Its just that my wife and kids seems to be into this stuff and I'm caught as the unwilling viewer.

What I don't understand about it is why the judges needed to have proteges?  Naturally, come judging time THE JUDGE WILL NOT VOTE OFF HIS OWN TALENT.  Biased is how I see it.  If it comes to the point when two talents under different mentors are picked by the audience to a stand-off judge voting is automatically split and it would be up to the two remaining judges to come to a unanimous vote.  

In my opinion, mentors of the critical two should abstain from voting.  Such a waste of airtime!  Naturally they will only have praises for their proteges.  For the two remaining judges, they are in the quandary.  The last one to vote gets the burden of the decision; however, no one has the balls to be the executioner and so the audience is given the final say.

Too much showbiz I must say!

No comments: