Sunday, December 25, 2011

God, Santa, Christmas Presents and Another Yuletide Miracle

Miracles happen everyday---you just have to recognize it.  Why is this important?  Well, to give you the opportunity to be THANKFUL. 

Coincidence, luck, happenstance, they are all God's means of being anonymous. 

When I was still a kid I thought God and Santa were best of friends---I pray and Santa gives.  In hindsight, I thank God for giving me parents, ninongs and ninangs, aunts and uncles, who made me happy come Christmas time.  When I became a parent I became Santa to my kids and my prayers are now geared towards being given the opportunity to continue to provide for my family.  I no longer ask God for specific Christmas presents but is thankful for what comes my way (which becomes more and more seldom when you get older).  Oh don't mistake it, I do have my wish list.  But that is something that I leave to Divine Providence.

Well, I guess God still sees the child in me and touched someone to provide what I normally could not afford.  It may not be turning water into wine but a miracle just the same.

Thank you Lord for another Merry Christmas!

No comments: