Thursday, January 5, 2012

Winter Solstice



I woke up at 4am to make breakfast and lunch "baon" for my kids:  longganisa and rice for breakfast and fish fillet for lunch at school.  Four o'clock is my wake up call whenever I'm on leave; otherwise, it's 3am on a work day.  By the time I close the stove and putting the hot water for the bath it would be around 5:15am.  The good thing about being on leave on a school day is that I can go back to sleep after my early morning ritual.  It was 5:30am whn I decided to hit the sack again.  As I lay in bed I noticed something amiss---it's still dark outside!  Did I wake up earlier than usual?  Was my cellphone time advanced?  I could have sworn that it was already 5:30am.  That's when I realized that it's still winter solstice---shorter days, longer nights.  Sweet!  

1 comment:

spiky said...

visiting from Philippines! :)