Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Walang Hanggan...


I'm not into watching telenovelas but due to a family filled with avid watchers there are times when there is nothing else to do and I'm stuck in front of the TV set.  Anyway, last Monday was the pilot episode of Dawn Zulueta and Richard Gomez's TV comeback "Walang Hanggan" and I was able to get a glimpse of its story line.  

Basically, Marco (Richard Gomez) and Emily (Dawn Zulueta) are ill-fated lovers who failed the test of life's circumstances.  Fast forward 20 years (based on the looks of the new set of characters played by Coco Martin and Julia Montes) and two star-crossed lovers try to go through the same path as that of Marco and Emily.

While I must admit that growing up during the Dawn and Richard era there is still that "kilig" effect (especially when I saw how my wife reacted to the pilot) but what doesn't sit with me is that the young Emily and Marco where played by Dawn and Richard which we all know are already beyond their 40's.  Personally I felt stupid watching it!  The funny thing is when the story goes 20 years forward---the only difference in terms of appearance was that Emily now dons a rich woman's outfit!  


This also goes the same with Susan Roces and Helen Gamboa.  Did hairdo alone make the 20 year difference?  At their age right now plus 20 years should have made them 90 years old!  

No comments: