Saturday, August 21, 2010

God's Counsel

I firmly believe that I am where I am today because God guided me there.

All the major decisions in my life I have asked God's counsel and as far as I'm concerned He has led me to a path that gave me the opportunity to grow and provide for my family's basic needs (a man's got to eat, right?).

I say opportunity because God did not give it to me on a silver platter. I had gone through a lot of hardships to get to where I am now. "Nasa Diyos ang awa, nasa tao ang gawa." Well, God found merit in my hard work and it did not come overnight. I'm talking about blood, sweat and tears hear brotha! It was a test of faith and persistence.

Anyway, I have come to realize that God does not answer immediately. He bids His time and, well, He's actually got the whole time in the world, right? So I learned to be patient---VERY PATIENT. After all, I am not God's only child. So, I take my place in a very long queue and wait my turn.

As I've mentioned in my previous blog that you need to be attuned to God's signs. I'm sure I'm not one of the favored ones to whom He speaks to directly and He can't be burning bushes in this day and age. Me, I just pray and pray and pray and pray some more until He manifests His wisdom in some form or another.

This morning I had a dream. It's kind of incomprehensible at best. Maybe God realized that I'm really not that intelligent so when I took to the john and reading my book, a quotation struck me. Really? Well, let's see how this pans out...

No comments: