Sunday, July 22, 2012

Always Ask for the Service Center



Often times buying gadgets---whether it be the latest cellphone, tablet, or MP3 player---the specs would be the main consideration.  However, there is one important thing that needs serious consideration---SERVICE CENTERS.

Gadgets may have all the latest technology---the fastest processor, the biggest storage, wi-fi, 3G, 4G, the best screen resolution, the highest megapixel, or with the best HD movie quality---but without a vast range of service centers to seek assistance from in times of breakdown, it is something that I would consider as a deal breaker.  

Normally, gadgets come with 1 year warranty but you still need to bring the unit to the service center should the need arises.  So it is really important that you should make sure that before buying there's one near your home or in your place of work, otherwise, having it repaired will be a bitch! 

This is an important lesson which I learned in my previous job as part of the company's IT support group.  

Just recently, I was window shopping for tablets at SM Fairview and was attracted to the Coby Kairos Tablet  that were on sale.  Its specifications were top of the line and with their price down to 50%---it seemed to be a steal!  However, when I asked about their service center, they only had one---and it's in Binondo.  I'm from QC so it's going to be a hassle for me.  Just imagine all the traffic that I will be encountering along the way!  

A friend of mine bought his wife an HTC phone as a gift.  HTC phone does not come cheap so I was under the impression that it came with a support worthy of its price tag.  Boy was I wrong!  The phone was still under warranty and according to my friend, HTC only had one service center located somewhere in Greenhills.  Can you believe that?!  What if you're from Mindanao and needed your HTC phone serviced?  Man, that would be a real drag!

If you'r into reading gadget magazines, don't easily get swayed with their reviews because they don't give you the real picture of what you will be buying yourself into until a full declaration of after sales service is brought to light.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am really inspired together with your writing talents as smartly as with the layout in your blog.
Is that this a paid topic or did you customize it your self?
Either way keep up the nice quality writing, it's rare to see a great weblog like this one today..

Here is my web page click Through the up coming website