Friday, February 4, 2011

My Pick to Win Superbowl XLV


This Monday's Superbowl game will be the first that I'm going to miss in the years that I have declared Superbowl Monday as an official holiday in my calendar.  Let us not discuss the WHY of it so let me just go straight to my declaration as to who will win Superbowl XLV:  The Greenbay Packers!

Yeah, yeah...I'm biased alright!  I am afterall a Greenbay Packer fan.  I'm a certified cheesehead that I wagered for a Starbucks Venti Caramel Macchiato with an officemate amidst Madden 11 forecast of a Steelers win.  The simulated Madden Superbowl game have correctly predicted the outcome of last 6 of the 7 Superbowls and has predicted a 24-20 Steelers win come Monday. 

Well, simulation is based on chances.  Mine's is based on the belief that the Packer defense will neutralize the running game of the Steelers and smother Big Ben with their pass rush defense.  Both teams are actually evenly matched on both sides of the field.  But at the end of it all, its the team who wants it more and whose side the the ball bounces will win. 

Greenbay have not won the Superbowl since the 1996 season and I believe this makes them the hungrier team.  I just hope the breaks of the game will bounce their side.  If they do win I'd guess it'll be at least by 7 points and with them getting the early score.

Go Packs!

No comments: