- How many league championships have the Green Bay Packers won? They have won 12 (1929-30-31-36-39, 1944, 1961-62-65-66-67, 1996)
- It has been a tradition for a Packer player to do the "Lambeau Leap" everytime a touchdown is scored. Who was the very first player to do this? LeRoy Butler, December 23, 1993.
- Why are the Green Bay Packer fans called Cheeseheads? The term "Cheesehead" was suppose to have been meant as an insult by a Chicago White Sox fan at a Milwaukee Brewers' game in 1987. Since the people of Wisconsin is known for its cheese production it the brand was embrased by the fans as the official term of endearment.
- What was the Green Bay Packers originally called? Founded on August 11, 1919, by Earl "Curly" Lambeau, the Green Bay Packers were originally known as the Indian Packers. The team was named after their original sponsor, Lambeau's employer, the Indian Packing Company. In 1921, the year the Packers joined the NFL, Lambeau's employer was bought out by the Acme Packing Company, and he changed the team name to the "Acme Packers." (Some sources consider this the original name because they don't count the first two years when the Packers operated as an independent football team.) Neither name stuck, however, and "Green Bay Packers" soon became the official name.
Who was the Green Bay Packer quarterback who holds the team record for most passing yards in a season? In 1983, Green Bay Packers quarterback Lynn Dickey threw for 4,458 yards, setting a team record for most passing yards in a season.
- Who is the owner of the Green Bay Packers? The public. Green bay are the only nfl team to not have an owner. All money earned goes back into the club.