Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Moniegold Chewy Tamarind Candy


I was introduced to this treat by my daughter. I was intrigued as to what the rock-like thingy she was snacking on one time and took one for taste. It was hard to the bite but becomes chewy after a couple of chomps. It's initially sweet and becomes spicy at the tail end with that distict tamarind taste. Surprisingly, taking one would lead you to take another and another and another...it's quite addicting really.

Anyway, I found it as a substitute to my garlic peanut addiction. Yeah, yeah, both addiction but I guess it's the lesser evil given my high uric acid result. Tamarind is a fruit and as such it's a better alternative. However, ever since I started eating it I noticed that my pooping became more frequent and...well...smelled kindda funny...TANGY actually. Then I remembered that tamarind, when consumed in large quantities, is a natural laxative.

Note to self: DON'T EAT TOO MUCH SPECIALLY DURING LONG TRAVELS. Ahh, to hell with it! I'll just always carry baby wipes to be safe!

_____________________________

Go and visit Boracay! Click the link below for the best packages---
http://www.boracay-packages.com/