Saturday, October 30, 2010

Astoria Boracay Resort: Convenience of Paradise

Looking at it by the beach front, Astoria Boracay looks like an unassuming white structure smack at the middle of Boracay’s Station 1. It kind of reminded me of the igloo house of Doc Savage---simple outside but elegant inside.

As soon as you step into the reception area, you can’t help but be at awe at the bright and open space. The place always looked newly scrubbed and very new.

The hotel boasts of 39 spacious and nicely decorated rooms in varying degrees of comfort. Ours was a Deluxe Premiere Room with two double beds, a 32” LCD TV, a mini refrigerator, and hot and cold shower with tub. Other amenities includes a telephone, a safety deposit box, and free wife internet access.

I availed of the Astoria Boracay package last May 2010 during the hotel’s pilot opening. At first, my wife and I was lured by the invite for a free buffet dinner but as we got the low down on what they have to offer I immediately signed on as a Club Astoria one year member which got me a 3 days two nights accommodation (with complementary buffet breakfast) at Astoria Boracay, an overnight stay at the Astoria Plaza (Ortigas), and a bunch of discount coupons. After our stay there last October 24-26, I’d say that it was money well spent!



No comments: