Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Lenten Reflection: The Parable of the Talents



Sometimes we don't appreciate what we have until we we've lost them.  Let us not be like the lazy servant who did nothing with what we had and squandered the opportunity to gain more.

God gave us our own opportunities (big and small) in life but what to do with them is something that only WE can decide on.  The chance to go to school is one such opportunity.  


Making good in school IS A CHOICE.

As a parent there is nothing more rewarding that seeing your children do well in school.  A good report card and an   exemplary test result definitely makes all the toiling more meaningful.  I have had my share of proud moments with my own children.  Any good news from school is definitely added fuel to my inspiration to provide for my family and negates all the frustrations and hardships that go with work. I'm sure this is how my brother and sister-in-law felt when they heard of their son's academic accomplishment.

I'm very proud of my nephew, Reujen, who chose the high road and received a scholarship grant for his academic excellence.  Other than that he was also hailed as a model student in terms of deportment.  

Let us not liken ourselves with the servant who buried his talent.  God is an entrepreneur and expects a return of his investment.  In the end what we want Him to tell us is---
"Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!"

No comments: