Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Another Funny Bus Story

Riding the bus has been a part of my daily routine since I transferred to the corporate office in Pasig. I have grown so accustomed to the ambiance and accommodation of bus travel that I feel like it’s another home for me. The airconditioning, the soft cushioned seat, and the rhythmic movement of a bus in motion are enough to put me to sleep.

My ritual is to find a seat (usually at the left-middle part of the bus), wait for the bus conductor to get my fare, and then get my 1 hour and 15 minutes worth of shut eye. Unfortunately, sometimes (especially when I’m lacking in sleep) I oversleep and wake up beyond my SM Megamall stop. This event happened a couple of times already. The farthest I overslept was Ayala. On my way home to Lagro, I have once awoken as far as Tungkong Mangga in San Jose, Bulacan.

Anyway, this morning was one of those days. I woke up somewhere in Buendia and decided to alight at Ayala (para mas madaling sumakay). But that’s not the funny part. I took a bus again on my way back to SM Megamall. When I entered the bus, there was these two guys distributing envelopes asking for contribution to a cause (I think they were a part of striking union or something). Not wanting to be harangued I closed my eyes---when I opened it again, I was at the intersection of Robinson’s Galleria! Darn! Nawalan ako ng malay! Buti nalang at nasa bandang harap ako naka upo at dali-daling bumaba!

Nilakad ko nalang from Galleria to Jollibee Center. (Baka pag sumakay na naman ako ng bus e sa Baclaran na ako magising!)

No comments: