Sunday, December 26, 2010

Razon's of Guagua SM Fairview

For the longest time, I have heard about Razon's and its famous halo-halo but it was only this evening that I got to taste the real deal.

By this time in the Christmas holiday I'm already bankrupt. Loaded are my children who are enjoying the spoils of the season! Anyway, it's rewarding to see their happy faces when they opened their gifts and counted their cash. So for the remainder of the holidays I'm the beneficiary of their Christmas earnings! Of course my wife's got the family coffers so she also comes as another benefactor. Such is what happened tonight when she treated me to a late merienda at the newly opened Razon's of Guagua at SM Fairview.

We shared an order of pancit luglog, dinuguan, and halo-halo. The dinuguan sans the puto (out of stock at that time) tasted ordinary---but MAN, the pancit luglog and the halo-halo blew my mind away!

The pancit luglog had an al dente texture to it coupled by a rich thick sauce with a distinctly chicharon taste. Razon's had me on my first mouthful! And the halo-halo...for a concoction made of just a handful of "halo" (3 to be exact: saging na saba, shredded macapuno, and leche flan) it truly is a dessert made in heaven! The flaked ice gives it a creamy texture and with the milk added it is almost ice cream-like. Dayap rind gives it a touch of sweetness but not too much. It was simply perfect!

I'm definitely coming back for more! Next on my Razon's adventure---Sizzling Bulalo and Sizzling Sisig! Makan ta na!

No comments: