Sunday, December 14, 2008

Too Much Fun Can Hurt!

Early Saturday morning I woke up having a hard time swallowing! It felt like something got stuck in my throat that I couldn't seem to swallow! And the effort of swallowing was painful as if something was tearing in my throat! So I got my flashlight and checked out what's going on inside and to my shock---my tonsils and the surrounding cavity was swollen! No wonder it felt like something was stuck in my throat---I was actually trying to swallong my tonsils! Fearing that the swelling will not let up and eventually get myself choked by my own body part, I asked my brother, Nino, to take me to the FEU hospital in Fairview. I tell you, it was really hard to explain yourself with a swollen tonsils! When did this situation occur? Do you have a cold? Cough? Fever? When the physician finally saw what's wrong I think she said "YIKES!" althought in her most professional doctor's demeanor! What she next asked me really bothered me---"Kinalikot nyo po ba 'yan?" It was a good thing I was having a hard time talking otherwise I could have rattled some choice expletives! Anyway, she prescribed me antibiotics (which cost like gold and which I had an allergic reaction to), painkillers, lozenges and then sent me home.
When I related this to my wife she said that I was actually snoring so hard that night she felt the room shaking. That got me thinking---did I accidentally suck up an insect or something? A cockroack maybe! Then I remembered the good time I had the previous night during an office Christmas party! I totally enjoyed myself with the program that I couldn't stop laughing! I was already feeling the coming of an asthma attack when we were on our way home which fortunately did not materialize. I guess that's probably it. I wouldn't want to dwell too much on what that doctor asked me last! Good thing she was kinda pretty!

No comments: