Friday, May 22, 2009

Teletech Summer Auto Show-May 22, 2009

There's a bigger auto show running from May 21-24---unfortunately, the venue is at the Cebu International Convention Center. So in order to satisfy my car show craving, me and my wife set off to the parking lot of Building F, SM Corporate offices, near SMX and Mall of Asia to witness the one day Teletech Summer Auto Show.

I get my updates from the Tsikot.com web site to keep abreast and pick the car shows worth going to. Originally, the Teletech Summer Auto Show was scheduled for May but for reasons unknown and with the homepage announcement of Tsikot not updated, I was fortunate that I had the good sense to text the event organizer to inquire whether or not the activity will push through. Not so fortunate for one who commented on the site that he spent Php 500 worth of gasoline to go to a postponed event! Naturally, when I was texted that the event was re-scheduled for May 22 I did not believe it outright. It was only when I was told to check the Tsikot.com forum that I saw the schedule adjustment. Anyway, on to the show.

Based on the activity list, what caught my attention was "The Big and The Bad Motorcycle Display"! The TLC series "American Chopper" really rubbed in on me because upon knowing that there would be a chopper display I immedietly filed for a half-day leave for me to attend this event! Like Pavlov's dog I salivated on the first ring of the bell!




This one was parked outside of the venue when we arrived but surely worth the shot.


We arrived at the Mall of Asia with the sun still high up in the sky and found the organizers still setting up camp. We decided to gallivant in MOA to while the time and came back at 5pm only to find only a handful of cars and no motorcyles! By 5:30pm I was beginning to feel depressed thinking that it was a waste of time to have come to this event when suddenly there came the roaring sound of v-twin engines! Led by the Williestreet Choppers and Team NOS, it was a grand entrance indeed as 20 motorcyles rumbled their way to the Teletech parking lot! It was a mix of new(cruisers) and old school(with their long forks, sissy bars, ape hangers, and fat rear tires) choppers and an unlikely Suzuki scooter! Man, it was a real treat! The air was suddenly heavily scented with leather and engine oil!

For me, this was the highlight of the event given that the participating cars were quite ordinary compared to those in the Manila International Auto Show and the Trans Sport Show. Conspicuously missing also were the car show models! When we left around 6:45pm the event was bare of babes worth taking pictures of! I'm not sure if the organizers left showing off the girls later in the evening to keep the crowd worked up until 2am. I hope they didn't because that would definitely ruin my day!

2 comments:

SkinCareLib said...

that hello kitty gen2 is so cute :)

Unknown said...

my wife said so too! thanks for visiting!