Sunday, November 16, 2008

Winter Solstice

Cooler breeze, longer nights---winter solstice is here! Well, since I’m in the Philippines, snow would be out of the question! But definitely, this time of the year is something looked forward to by Filipinos like me! It’s Baguio-like coldness in summertime! Unfortunately, the long cold nights can be very challenging when it comes to waking up early! Damn challenging indeed!

In our household I’m the one in-charge of preparing breakfast and lunch packs for the kids. That would mean getting up early! My wake up call? 3am. Permit me to explain that.

Diesel engine needs to be heated up before you start it in the morning---I’m like that! Hence, a 30 minute cooking activity can take me a while to do! It would take 30 minutes to drag myself out of the comfort of bed; then there are my daily hygienic and physiological rituals---coupled by TV and internet surfing---would be an additional 30 minutes to 1 hour! Believe it or not, I’d almost always find myself scrambling off to work! Since the office is still in Pasig City, I should be on the road by 5:15 am if I am to skirt the morning rush hour and meet my 7 am call time. And that’s during the humid nights!

Now that it’s cooler, I would sometimes need a slap on the face to keep me moving! What compounds the situation is seeing all my bedmates still bundled up in their blankets and still in dream land! Bummer eh?!



1 comment:

HappyHelen said...

the pics are so cute. makes me wanna go back to sleep and it's only 10 am. hehe. love reading your posts...