Sunday, September 16, 2007

Men and Household Chores


I don't know what the BIG DEAL is when people know that I do laundry and ironing chores for the family. Men should be domesticated too,right? I remember my father telling me his childhood stories when he used to do the laundry and ironing in his family---mind you, there was no washing machine yet that time! Heck, would even do the "palengke" chores! Buti nga daw at hindi sya naging "bading"! But then,my father did it to help out in the family chores(as should be the case with children!)---tell you WHY I'm doing it---because comparing laundry and plantsa it's a lot easier than taking care of the children! You see, I have 5 kids(and another one on the way) and they can be a real handful! I do have 2 teens who can already take care of the little ones...but I guess teens will be teens and can take a while to respond to the calling of initiative. Anyhow, a little parental prodding will get them into action! So i guess I took upon myself to carry this responsibility as my personal tribute to my wife who gave me 5 beautiful children and sacrifised a lot taking care of them! Just don't given me clothing with pleats to iron!!!

No comments: