Thursday, January 1, 2009

Vacation's Over!

As the euphoria of the holiday season ebb away to the twilight we come to the realization that, well, the happy days are over and come Monday---we’re off to the usual routine of work!

The vacation was truly fun while it lasted: chilling out with the kids, snuggling with the wife, waking up late, eating home cooked meals, snuggling with the wife, going to the mall almost everyday, catching up with my favorite tv series, snuggling with the wife, finally finishing the last few chapters of Phil Jackson’s “It’s Only a Game” (and reaching half of “Twilight”), and more snuggling with the wife! Hmmm...must have overdone the snuggling part! At least I don't have the same problem as Hank Moody with his wife!--ha! ha!

It was a rather long respite for me. With December 24, 29, and January 2 declared as special non-working holidays, I needed to move my previously plotted vacation leaves to an earlier date, so, as early as December 15 I was already officially on my holiday hiatus! Actually, there is no such thing as vacation in my line of work. Being the coordinator of store operation’s helpdesk, my laptop is on-line most of the day to make sure that nothing blows up to a major crisis. It was truly a blessing that all was quite on the battle front during these days! This made my vacation all the more enjoyable and relaxing (including that of my boss)!

Well, vacation’s coming to an end ladies and gents! It’s time to psyche ourselves for work, iron those work clothes and stock up on those energy drinks! For all we know, it’s the Christmas season again and I would be once more writing a blog about how it turned out to be---hopefully it would be on the same context of gratification as this one!

Happy New Year!!

No comments: